I just caught up with “the voice” Australia the whole series so far including Rachael Leahcar and her amazing voice. As a woman living with disability myself I love her approach to the whole thing of being seen as a singer who happens to be blind as opposed to a blind singer. I love that in her and I understand why the show had to cover it, I just hope it doesn’t become a repeat of the Gerrad Gossins thing of a few years ago when Dancing with the Stars felt the need to raise his vision impairment every week.
Photo courtesy the voice Australia website.
Here’s the performance.
Possibly Related Posts:
- A cautionary tale aka: of Picolo, cake and dodos
- A big moment yesterday Newtown station works
- Friday fashion 2: the second question
- Friday fashion: the first question
- because these groups are so closely aligned to each other